5.27.2007

This is more of a "Kohl" post...

This is for the all-influential Kohl Threlkeld. We all knew Vikings could concur foreign lands through a menagerie of rape and pillaging, but who would of thunk that a Viking could convince a Secular-Jew to start a blog? And you didn't have to pillage a damn thing...

I just talked to my friends in Nashville (Mike and Jenny) and they just completed a yearlong mural project. They were commissioned by Village Real Estate to paint a 250-foot wall across from a new condo project in Germantown. All told, it took them just a few months to paint the wall but the preparation is what took the bulk of time. I'm beyond happy for them. It's too far and few between that I see people that are doing exactly what they want and loving every minute of it.


Here is a stitched together panoramic I shot on one of the last days of painting. It was shot with an 80mm from across the street. I'm going down soon and re-shooting the completed project with a car mount and a 35mm lens. We're going to drive slowly next to the mural and shoot every few blocks, and then stitch it together to kill the bend.

Check out their site: www.numberwalls.com